Worship /Team Pastor Position
Pay: $42K – $45K annual *based on experience
Full Time: 40 hours/week
*Applicants are asked to submit an application, a resume with cover letter, and to include 3-5 video/links leading worship both vocal and instrumental.
**BCSYLVANIA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
*** Send application, resume, letter, and videos to [email protected]
Believers Church of Sylvania (BCSylvania)is looking for a new Worship/Team Pastor. Worship services are modern and contemporary. Our desire is that the next Worship Pastor will not only be a skilled vocalist and musician, but will also be a strong leader who is able to shepherd, teach, and most importantly has a deep love for Jesus and for seeing others grow in their love for Him.
Sylvania, GA is located an hour north of Savannah, an hour south of Augusta, and 30 minutes from Statesboro.
• To craft an engaging and excellent worship experience during all BCSylvania services, creating an atmosphere that can bring about life change.
• To be a gifted musician and a relentless recruiter who will encourage and guard the spiritual culture and character of any worship staff, BCSylvania Worship Dream Team, and any other groups assigned by the lead pastor.
• To remain up-to-date on the latest trends and movements for worship within the local church.
• Lead and manage the BCSylvania Worship Team.
• Plan and implement BCSylvania Worship projects and department goals.
• Recruit, train, and equip Worship Team members.
• Pastoral Care to worship team and congregation.
• Attributes: heart of a servant, positive attitude, fun/enjoyable, and loyal.
• High capacity individuals, comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
• Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
GENERAL PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain regular office hours in cooperation with pastoral staff. Regular office hours are a value.
• Fulfill the requirements and faithfully perform the duties of “Pastor” at BCSylvania to the best of their ability.
•Complete Growth Track (Membership), Tithe, and Lead a Grow Group.
•Work with pastoral staff to provide leadership of the church when other staff members are away for meetings, vacations, etc.
• Perform some of the general pastoral ministries of the church (teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.).
•Attend Staff and relevant Trustee meetings.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
Minimum of 1 year of worship leading in a local church.
Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
Proficiency in Word, Excel. (Pages, Numbers)
Ability to learn and use ProPresenter.
Ability to learn and use Planning Center Online software.
Ability to learn and use multi-track software (Prime, MultiTrack, Ableton)
Proficiency in voice and piano or guitar.
Ability to create, coordinate and lead a worship experience with a team.
Ability to model standards and expectations of leaders within BCSylvania.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
Video Editing Experience (ie Premier, After Effects,)
Stage Lighting (DMX, LightKey)
Graphic Design (Photoshop, Adobe Suite)
Audio / PA System experience
Social Media Management
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor